Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tails from the Beach



I feel like my life is in a metamorphosis stage.  Hell, I don't feel it, I know it. Some folks live their whole lives and don't even realize when life lessons present themselves. When I feel this way, I have the flight syndrome.  I need to escape, need to clear my head, and need to find my peaceful place. If you have explored this blog, you can see that the ocean is my spiritual temple.  I feel the souls there, replenishing their energy. I feel a higher power there when I listen to the sounds of the ocean and feel the sea air on my face. 

So this is my second escape to my spiritual temple in two months.  The November trip taught me a lot about  facing fear. It also served me up closure for the death of my brother.  I had been angry with him and didn't want to look at the core issues that related to his death.  I knew what they were, I just didn't want to ingest them. In doing so, it reopened wounds I thought were sealed over from my family of origin. I took the history book off of the shelf, opened it and allowed myself to read it one more time.  This time, a new chapter formed where my brother's pain finally ended. At his own hands. 

He visited me that week and guided me to closure.  He is at peace and has a peace that he  never felt in his earthly life.  For that I am grateful and I feel a sense of peace when I think of him.

Here I am, again, at the beach.  This time for a three month journey.  A journey to find a peaceful place with where I am at this very minute and who I will become next.   As I sat at the beach today, I asked God to allow me to decompress from my career, from my relationships, and from my self imposed anxiety.  The most difficult journey will be the self imposed path. I realize that about myself and will try not to dwell on my failures with my distant friend, the mirror.

As I opened my eyes after my conversation with my higher power, I stared right at a man with white shorts on (not even swim trunks).  His shorts were soaked and he badly needed a Brazilian wax. That tells you what body part was right in my face.  I thought, God really does have a sense of humor.  That furry white tailed man was put right in front of me to say "Lighten up."

There is a theme in these chapters if you look hard enough.  A word that is used more than any of the other words.  PEACE.   Yes this journey is again about PEACE...and about finding the silliness again.  Finding the things that make me giggle and smile.  They are here, all around me, I just have to pay attention.  So while you are all surrounded by a sea of white, remember that I saw white too today...at the beach...and it will forever be engrained in my memory.

PEACE OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment