Friday, December 28, 2012

Monster Mash

There's a monster in my closet. It's been there as long as I can remember, taunting me. Try as I might, I can't exterminate the little bugger.  You can try to tame the monster and at times, think you have defeated it.  Certainly tucking it away gives me the illusion of holding power over it. Just like any monster, it can reveal itself at inaapropriate times. Generally when I let my spin start. That's when that   FURRY lil creature comes on out for an onstage performance. Funny thing is, we hide the monster thinking no one can relate to the one eyed, six horned,scaly beast. No one can know what lives within us because feeling human doesn't feel natural so we tuck it away next to our moth balled sweaters and our Birkenstocks..

I can see in the dark, I know that once we meet each other's monsters, we are very much alike. We've all reacted or thought the same things.   This is our path, embrace our lil creatures.... It's a MASH, a monster MASH.



No comments:

Post a Comment